Alcohol Research UK is delighted to announce that its Postgraduate and Early Career Symposium for 2017 will take place on Tuesday, 4th April 2017.
The Symposium provides an ideal opportunity for early career researchers to share their findings, learn from colleagues, and develop their professional network.
- Date: Tuesday, 4th April 2017
- Time: 10.00 – 16.30
- Venue: Friends House, 173 Euston Road, London NW1 2BJ.
Evening reception and debate
The Symposium will culminate in an Evening Reception and Debate which will be held at Wallacespace St. Pancras entitled ‘Ask an expert?: Who knows what in alcohol harm reduction?’.
The debate is an opportunity to hear from a panel representing a range of different experiences, all with an interest in reducing alcohol-related harm. Brief position statements from the panel will be followed by a general discussion on how different experiences, bodies of knowledge and areas of expertise should work together to achieve the goal of better harm reduction.
Tickets are free. Please register via our Eventbrite page.
Call for papers
We are now inviting early career researchers to submit proposals for our symposium. Eligible applicants include:
- Postgraduate students (Masters and PhD)
- Postdoctoral researchers (up to three years after completion of PhD)
- Academic researchers without PhDs in employment for up to three years
- People working in alcohol or substance use services for up to three years with an active role in research
The application form for proposals is available here.
Deadline for submissions: 12th December 2016
The Symposium is designed for interactive presentations and discussion among participants.
- Get involved as a presenter and discover new ways to effectively communicate your work in a variety of formats.
- Explore new ideas and new thinking.
- Take advantage of knowledge sharing and professional networking.
- Gain valuable insights and information across a wide range of alcohol-related research.
Attend our Evening Reception and Networking Event and:
- Contribute to a debate about the future directions in alcohol research.
- Meet fellow researchers and practitioners from a wide variety of backgrounds in an informal setting.
- Further develop your professional network.
Who should attend?
- Postgraduate, PhD and post-doctoral researchers
- Students undertaking a Masters degree
- Practitioners embarking on a career in the field with an interest in research.
Alcohol Research UK Annual Conference 2017, Wednesday, 5th April 2017
If you’re attending our Symposium, why not enhance this experience by joining us on the following day for our Annual Conference for 2017 ‘Working together: people, practice and policy in alcohol research‘ where we will be exploring co-production and collaboration in alcohol research and practice. With an excellent line-up of speakers from a wide range of backgrounds, we will consider how sharing experience can help to bridge the gaps between research and practice.
Student discounts apply. Register here:
We hope to see you there.
To find out more or to get involved, please contact Julie Symes at firstname.lastname@example.org.